Something nice happened today........

Background:

Last year our pack had a picnic at Thatcher Park near Albany, NY. One event was a compass exercise where boys were given an azimuth to follow with a silva type compass. If the boy finds the right direction some treats were located just out of sight in a treeline.

We matched up second year Webelos with soon to be Tigers who were having their first Scouting event.

The boys had fun . The Webelos liked leading.

Last pack meeting:

The kindergarten boy that my Weeb son was matched up with is now a Tiger Cub. Orange Necker and all. That tiger cub was telling his friend about the picnic and with pride and a small amount of hero worship he pointed out "his Webelos". He bragged about knowing how to use a compass.

Today:

My son met the Tiger's Grandmother. She was very thankful for the picnic and the good time that we had. She told my son how happy the Tiger was to have help from an older boy and how nice he was.

Moments later:(Grandma had ducked into the local bank)

I thought the kid's head swelled two sizes. With a big smile he said. "That made me really happy that she said he had so much fun".

I think that my son found out what BP was talking about in his last letter.

Thank you Scouters everywhere for giving my son that opportunity.

the blue face got there because you got a colon with an open parenthesis (a typical emoticon).

:(

nevertheless, great story.

1Hour

ps: check out the available emoticons that are recognized on the forums ... have fun.

:);):(:p:cool::mad:(This message has been edited by OneHour)