I have been an ADL, ASM, and now SM for about 5 years. I started with the Troop when my son bridged. He is finishing up his Eagle project and merit badges. My own experience as a Scout was much shorter - AOL and about a year of Boy Scouts.

I joined the forum recently to benefit from the experience and perspective of the virtual roundtable. Our troop has ranged from about 20 to 30 in the time I have been there (about 2/3 active). We recently recruited 6 new Scouts (No CS experience) and are looking at 15 Webelos bridging next month. This will take us to over 40 for the first time in my tenure. This is a great problem to have, but it is a challenge.

I am also interested in sharing information regarding special needs Scouts (my son has autism). We have several special needs Scouts (autism, asperger's, down's syndrome, etc.) within our Troop and I am always looking for new ideas.

I am also building a site called thrifty scout to suggest low cost options for equipping Scouts. I am seeing an increasing number of families struggling with costs and would like to help them.

I am looking forward to participating.

YIS,

Chuck