Youth Protection videos at unit meetings

Last night at our Crew meeting we watched the Venturing YP video for the first time. It was excellent and our Advisor facilitated a great discussion among the young men and women who were present. We all benefited from the experience and I recommend the video to other crews.

However, I can not recall our troop showing the comparable video (A Time to Tell). I think this would be a good idea and I'd like to get your thoughts on how to proceed. Thanks!

There is a recommended letter to send to Parents explaining the video. You are supposed to offer a preshowing for parents so they can choose not to have thier son watch it. Also unlike the venturing one you are discouraged from having a discussion after showing it.

DO the letter do the show!

We do a parents meeting right after crossover and show the tape and the adult Youth Protection video to the parents. We have never had an opt out. The next week we show the scouts 'a time to tell'and have a discussion lead by a teacher (asm) and the SPL/ASPL...We do this every year and require all registered adults to view the tapes and do the Y.P. online...before they can go on an outing...