Another Camping MB Question

The 20 night requirement is pretty clear in that it has to be in a tent... and that only so much long term (summer camp) camping can apply. BUT... the pamphlet does not seem to specify if it has to be BSA camping. What about family camping? Or camping under canvas with some other group? Can anyone clarify the intent of the requirement?

If you hunt through my past postings you will see that when this was last brought up I said that I thought the camping had to be done with some sort of BSA outing.

Having had time to give it some thought and much as I hate to admit it. I was wrong.

If the BSA had intended it to be 20 nights at some sort of Scout camp they would have made that the requirement.

As they didn't it must mean that any sort of tent camping is OK.

Eamonn.

I agree with your assessment Eamonn but I might add that the only one who really has to pass judgement is the MB counselor.

For example, when my older son was a den chief, he camped in a tent, at a BSA council camp with the Webelos den he was assigned to during a Webelos outing. His Scoutmaster at the time stated that his time tent camping didn't "count" (for OA, camping MB, XX nights of camping awards, etc.) because he didn't camp with Boy Scouts. Forgetting the fact that he had spent his summer camp in the exact same location, neither he nor I complained. Even though I thought the SM was mistaken, why sweat the small stuff?(This message has been edited by acco40)