I figured out what to do with tennisballs

A while back I asked what could be done with 180 tennisballs. Well I figured it out, I wrote out the scout laws ,motto, and slogan on 111 of them I'll make a board to seat the letters on dump the balls in a storage tub and see how fast they can unscramble them?? Fall camporee time again.

You might want to add pipe wide enough for the balls to pass through.

Write a Scout Law on each piece of pipe you can be nice and keep the length of the pipe about 4 foot long or vary the lengths some long some short.

Scouts have to hold the pipe in the order of the laws and feed the balls through in the right order.

Pipe must not touch or rest on anything. Patrol must hold it.

Eamonn

Thanks guys!! Eamon I like the pipe idea, I was at a loss as to what to place the balls on, I think that will work.

Now I have a garbage bag full of ball pit balls, and a 20 x 30 foot nylon net, with 1/2 inch holes in it???

Fun fun fun seeya

I have been playing with the idea of a camporee based on the Super Mario video game.

Each patrol builds a part of the course.

Start with a tower, add a sedan chair,course with obstacles or gateways,a monkey bridge, a catapult alley where they could fire the tennis balls and an other tower.

When the course is build. Each patrol starts with a king on top of tower one and has to cover the course. Patrol who covers the course in the shortest time is the winner.The patrol members are to defend the king as they cover the course with the king.

Eamonn

Dozer,

Although your idea is far more useful, in a pince you can also sell them on Ebay. THey go for about a quarter or so a ball. I think dog shelters use them alot to as cheap toys.

You may want to make a "spare" set of the alphabet just in case one rolls off into the woods.

--Gags

Gags, I collect these things 50 golfballs, used bowling pins, etc etc, then create patrol games that the patrol that works best together will shine. It ends up like a mini JLT outdoor course, for the fall camporee.Last year was around 70 boys, some games just don't live through it LOL

It's all fun