Not new to Scouting but new here.

Hello all.

My name is Gerald and while I'm not new to scouting I am new to this site.

I started out in Tigers way back when it was pretty new. Dad and I got disgusted by the lack of organization and decided to wait until I was old enough for wolves. I joined Pack 777 out of Smyrna,GA. I worked my way through Arrow of Light, then graduated into Boy Scouts. I joined Troop 211 out of Ft Hood, TX, then worked my way to Eagle, while going through a troop in Hendersonville, TN, Troop 157 I believe. I finished with Troop 130 in Grand Forks, ND as an Eagle class of 1995. The first in my family.

I now live in Rockford, MN. I have 2 eight year old boys, Bears, I'm a Den Leader, a Pack Committee Chair, and a District Membership Committee Chair. But hey, it's just an hour a week right?

I enjoy scouting very much and I enjoy passing it on to my kids. I know they can't wait to become Boy Scouts. Camping is the end all be all for them. I can't imagine not being involved in scouting so, I'll be involved for a while I'm sure.

I look forward to sticking around here a while

I'm another "newbie" on the other side of the same Council, in St. Paul. I'm also an Eagle Scout who has now moved up to spending one hour a week as leader of my son's Tiger Den.

If you see a guy with a shirt that's a couple sizes too small (and the wrong color and no ribbons on the shoulder) at any council events, be sure to say hi to me!