Hello all,

Did the BSA discontinue the National Honor Patrol flag ribbon?

The reason I asked is when I was in and the patrol earn this honor (I think it was the Baden- Powell Patrol back then) anyone could tell by the ribbons on the Patrol flag. I really thing the ribbons are a good idea for inter patrol rivalry.

Mark M.

I don't remember about the Honor atrol ribbon. I guess I was never in an Honor Patrol!

But I do remember getting ribbons for Camporees, etc. It really made your troop and patrol flags look like you had accomplished something. Other than Quality UNit, our Council does not seem to use them.

I wish we would go back to them.

Ken

I don't recall an official streamer or ribbon for the Patrol flag for the Baden-Powell Patrol award, but certainly there may have been.

Most of the things I remember getting for the Patrol flag and that I've given out for Patrol flags have been made or found in shops. We've done shrinky dinks, painted pine cones, stuff from scrapbook departments, pieces of fur and feathers, beads, etc. Supply division does sell "Patrol Competition" ribbons for 1st thru 3rd, but they aren't "flag ready" as is.

For the Honor Patrol award, we presented a glow in the dark plastic star and the Patrol members put their names on one side of it before hanging on their flag.

I had been wondering the same thing. We have 3 patrols which, if they stick to it, will earn the NHP next month. In addition to the star on the uniform, I want to reward them with something to put on their flag which all around them can see. The NHP has not been earned in our district in recent memory (and never in our troop under that name), and I want the patrols to be able to show it off at the next camporee. By then, they could have earned it a second time as well....