Got Burned with Cancelled Event

Here's the final update on the actual campout:

We camped Friday evening in beautiful, warmer than seasonal weather, and were delighted to enjoy ham and cheese omelets for breakfast. Then we made 6 quail habitats (large brush piles) on various areas of the property. After lunch we worked with two conservation officers to spread food around the shelters and put out 50 quail, distributed evenly among the shelters to establish coveys in each of the habitat locations. The boys worked hard, and had a great time. They especially enjoyed watching me get hit in the face by two flushing birds as I bobbled a release! It was cool to hear the birds start calling after the release to form up their coveys.

After that, the older boys taught scout skills and advancement to the younger ones, and we enjoyed a dinner of ham steaks and my home made biscuits slathered in butter that I baked on a reflector oven. Wow! Everyone hit the rack early, and had a great time!.

That sounds like exactly the sort of thing that makes boy scouts such a great opportunity. Kids had fun and learned new things, all while serving others and forming tighter bonds with their community.

Thank you for helping to make it happen.