skit to introduce new scouts

Hi! I'm a CS den leader, but my oldest son is a Star Scout, and just became a patrol leader for a group of newly bridged scouts.

Their court of honor is in late May, and he'd like to find a skit to help introduce all these scouts to the rest of the troop and their families. He and I have been to a number of sites on the net, and cannot find anything.

Has anyone done something like this or have an item to share?

I'm not aware of anything. We don't do skits at our COH. Perhaps they could come up with something where they tell an interesting fact about each scout. He could act out or dress for the part.

I have an idea thats not a skit, but will accomplish your goals.

You want to introduce the new scouts? Ok, have your son INTRODUCE the new scouts, just like pro basketball teams introduce the team. If you can get a PA system so much the better, but even if not you start with your son saying

AND NOW, TROOP XXX WOULD LIKE TO INTRODUCE YOUR NEW SCOUT PATROOOOOLLLLLLL!!!!

(music plays... are you ready for this...)

HE STANDS 48 MIGHTY INCHES HIGH, HE WAS BORN IN CHICAGO BUT LOVES IT HERE, AARON ROGERS

HE HAS LIVED IN TOWN ALL HIS LIFE AND LOVES HIS DOG, BOBBY JONES

IF ITS A SPORTS STAT YOU NEED, HE IS YOUR MAN, DANNY SMITH

ETC

You could get as campy and extravagant as you want, lights, music, etc. Just make sure the scouts are in full field uniform when they come out and high five the scouts already there

To all,

Thanks so much for your input. My son LOVED the basketball intro motif idea, and is emailing his patrol parents to gather information on the boys. He is very excited, and the boys thought it was cool when he mentioned it at the last meeting.

Karen