Troop / Patrol Yell or Chant

We just attended our district Spring Camporee and I heard a couple of really great troop yells (or some people called them chants.) HELP! I'm at a loss when it comes to this sort of thing. Any websites, or list of yells/chants? I've done a litte web browsing, but so far I just can't find anything that sounds really good.

Thanks in advance!

-LightShare

Usually it's the patrols who do the cheering, in the form of a patrol yell or cheer. I have yet to hear a troop cheer (however one troop did their own "troop rendition" of American Pie at one camporee a while back). At NOAC I remember hearing a couple lodges with their own cheers/chants.

I guess the reason why there aren't too many troop cheers/yells is simply because the troop goes by the patrol method; the patrols would have their own cheers and yells.

The first Scout Cheer was the Scout's Chorus, or Eengonyama Song. By some accounts it is the only song anyone could remember singing at the Brown Sea Camp. It can be sung on the march, or standing in a circle around a campfire as each Scout takes turns jumping into the circle to mime his stalking of prey or enemy while the rest of the Scouts chant and stamp their Scout Staves in time to the beat, see The Kudu Net:

http://www.kudu.net/outdoor/campfire/songs/war_songs.htm

For an international collection of traditional Troop and Patrol Scout Yells see:

http://www.kudu.net/outdoor/campfire/helps/yells.htm

A good way to start is by adapting your yell from a well known song.

I have heard a bunch.. We heard one Troop that adapted their yell from the Addams family theme.

Our Troop yell is started from a tune the boys knew and grew..

We just added the words..

It goes:

ALL-

We're the Scouts from 664,

and this is our Troop yell.

We're looking for adventure,

We're on the Eagle Trail, HEY!

SPL- WHO ROCKS THAT THUNDERBIRD?

All- 6-6-4!!

The Patrols have their own yells also, but we use the Troop yell whenever we are together as a Troop.

Jerry

SM(This message has been edited by schleining)

• 4 months later...