Implementing "Boy-Run, Boy-Led" after years of SM Running it all FOR them...

Hi Joni :)

You sound a *lot* like me - idealistically able to see how things ought to be and frustrated by the slow-on-the-uptake of the vast minions ;)

You've also shown that you are very resourceful - I want to make a suggestion in how you present your information. (My intention is not to criticize but offer something that might increase your effectiveness)

It sounds from your post that you have a supportive CC "who CAN be taught!". Right now, you've got a bunch of parents who need to quickly learn the proper troop structure. *Because of that*, I would suggest you post your resources *only to the CC* and allow that person to pass the information along to the others. This way, you don't accidentally undermine the very process of learning the new structure that you're trying to help implement.

You may find that your role needs to be one of subtle finesse right now. Perhaps go to the troop meetings to kibbutz with the moms, be one of those who "suddenly remembers" there's great coffee in the other room, perhaps bring something yummy along just for the parents that you need to set up by the coffee pot and "oh Mrs Overinvolved - could you come with me? I wanted to ask you about blahblah but I need to get this into the other room..."

Sometimes pushing too hard just drives the level of conflict up without achieving much else. Give it time - it sounds like growth is happening - you just cant rush it.

Peace out,

Anne in Mpls

I really appreciate all the posts, comments, and suggestions. We're getting there. I know it will be a slow process but I have faith this will turn around and get moving in the right direction. Too bad it will probably be just in time for us to have to leave it. (We are overseas military and we leave in 5 months to go back to the USA)

It's too bad this Troop was allowed to run like this for so long because they produced so many "Eagles" and yet not a one of them understands what it really means to have EARNED that title. Every single Eagle that they pushed through the Merit Badge Mill has never come back even one time to a Troop meeting to help teach a younger boy. And that is a shame!