out-there patrol names

One of our patrols adopted the Owl patch and decided be named the "Hooters."

SM at the time quickly said "no." (Then he walked outside and laughed his *** off. You should have heard their proposed patrol yell!)

Now, they're the Puerto Rican Fire Goats. (Don't ask.)

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

when I was a scout I was in the Beaver patrol and there was also the Eagle patrol. Our enrollment dropped so we merged and became the Beagle patrol. We made custom patches with Snoopy as our mascot.

• 3 months later...

Last election cycle, our Blackhawks voted to become the Primordial Soup patrol.

Now, our Fox patrol has voted to rename themselves as the Dancing Penquins...

I've heard that they have plans for a patrol T-shirt (that should be fun!) but I have no idea what they have in mind for a patrol patch.

Okay . . .let's see . . . I was in the Serpent Patrol (Patrol flag had a drawing of the Lock Ness sea monster on steriods.) At JLIT at Philmont, there was a "Bird Patrol" with a patrol song sung to the tune of "The Saints" ,". . .Oh, Lord, I want to be in that treetop, When the birds go flying in.". My Scoutmaster Fundamentals patrol was "The Castaways". We were made up of a big guy, a little guy, a married couple, a teacher, and a woman named Ginger and another one named Maryanne. You got the idea. Our patrol yell:"Gilligan!" Uniform was the loudest Hawaiian aloha shirt you could find. Our NSP are "The Flaming Arrows". Our troop is pretty meek and mild about partol names. Maybe I oughta do somthing about that, huh?

Oh, yeah, . . . I used to be a Beaver . . .

Back in the mid-80's, I attended a camporee in Maine. One of the units showed up with 4 patrols and a "patrol" of adult leaders - all with names that linked them together. The patrols were:

Slimer's Brigade

Friends of Caspar

The Booberries

Xmas Past, Present and Future (this was the 3 members of the Senior Patrol)

The adults patrol name was (and if you haven't guessed by now, get thee to a video rental store): The Ghostbusters

Calico

My son's patrol changed their name last year from the Dragons to the Trademarks with the patrol patch TM

I'm waiting for the Copyright patrol. They are thinking about it. One of young patrol also chose the Owl and called themselves Hooters. We, too, put a stop to that so they picked racoon, calling themselves the Bandits patrol.

Our adult leader patrol is named the Yetis (bigfoot) because of our ability to roam around and bird dog without being seen. The patch is blank. Ever seen a Yeti? When we get to camp the name changes to Barking Spiders. Has something to do with the camp chow. You don't want to hear our yell, although it can be done silently.

I am a youth leader in our troop, and we've had some odd names. I encourage the usage of whatever name the kids want, as long as it is rated PG. If the name is something the kids like, they are much more motivated to have good yells, work as a team, and have a better patrol.

Our troop has seen the Rabid Dust Bunnies, the Worms, the Millionaires Against Hunger, the Flying Hamburgers, and the Chris Blanc patrol (Chris used to be in our troop and is now a 6 foot muscular 18 year old who is our OA Lodge Chief, District NYLT leader, etc.)

One of my patrols decided to change their name to The Cable Guys and their patrol yell is Git 'er Done! and on their patrol flag they have a TV drawn with rabbit ears antennae.

Another patrol is the Sea Monkeys..I don't think they've ever come up with a real patrol yell other than to look at each other in question and say "Patrol yell????"

We had two patrols. They called themselves "THE" patrol and Scorpions. I don't know how the older boys in "THE" patrol managed it but they got the Scorpions to yell..."Scorpions, Scorpions, we're the man if we can't do it THE can! THE patrols yell was THE, THE, THE getting progressively louder. THEs flag was white with multi colored THE's all over it. And the scorpions had a black and red scorpion. They took blank patrol medallions and wrote THE using a black sharpie.