~New to the Scouter Network~

Hello folks,

My name is Mike Courchesne and I'm the Cubmaster for Pack #57 in Belchertown, MA. I currently have two boys in scouting. My oldest is a 2nd year Webelos and my youngest is a Wolf.

I started scouting when I was 7, progressed through the Pack, into the Troop level, achieved Life with APL, PL, ASPL and SPL ranks. I have also been in the Order of the Arrow. I've been a Tiger Cub Leader, Cub Scout leader, Asst. Cubmaster and now I hold the all encompassing Cubmaster.....which is a lot of work. More than the 1 hour a day the told me about for sure. :)

We have a total of 100 registered Cubscouts which is quite the achievement in our 100th year anniversary! Very proud of our leaders and all they do.

Anyway, I wanted to say hi and introduce myself. I hope to learn a lot from all of you in our travels on our trails.

Thanks,

Mike

Welcome.

Your resume reads almost like mine. I wouldn't mind venturing to guess that next up for you will be ASM and SM. Yes, cubmaster is more hours than it looks from the outside. I found it very rewarding. But, I find SM so much more rewarding (even though the time commitment also goes up.)

One piece of advise. When your older scout bridges to boy scouts, take a year off as an adult leader so that you don't burn out. I did that and found myself eager to get back in the game, rather than feeling worn out.

Thanks Mike,

I must say, I am a bit leary right now with the ASM and SM glaring at me square in the eyes. With my little guy still a wolf, I don't want to rush right up into the Troop and abandon him. From seeing another good friend do that (one foot in the Pack and one foot in the Troop) they were stressed beyond belief.

Thanks for the words of wisdom! I'll certianly take that into consideration.