List of creative Patrol names?

At one camporee I was on staff for, there was a Patrol named "The Idiots Who Camped on the Hill". I thought that was great considering the weather that weekend!

Ed Mori(This message has been edited by evmori)

While I don't know of any lists posted anywhere, I myself have belonged to several creatively named patrols. (Badger Patrol wasn't enough in my troop.) Among them were: The National Association for Disturbed Scouts (NADS, we had a great patrol cheer.) The Wunderbar No-Name Patrol, The Overused Lollypop Sticks, and my favorite, The Grand Mystic Royal Order Nobles of the Ali Babba Temple of the Shrine, Second Chapter International Membership Associated Counsel for the Advancement of Deviants.

Had to combine the FLaming Arrows and Raccon patrol once becasue of numbers at a Camporee, entered the patrol competition as the Flaming'Coons

My son's last patrol was known quite aptly as the Pyros, patrol yell:

More Wood More Wood, Pile it On

Another one of my sons Patrol's was

the Great Plains Walking Herbivores (wore the buffalo patch)

And we have had the Gumblob, Bushies (a political statement) and OBS (official Boy Scouts)

As the Fire Building judge at last week's Camporee I came across a few good ones:

The Thurgs (They were too nice to be Thugs)

Fighting Squirrels

Ducs (no K in the spelling)

Obnoxious Oxen

But my favorite ones are with the Troop:

Duct Tape

Flaming Toilet Paper

Lighting Bolts

And my patrol, The Geezers

(This message has been edited by purcelce)

In my Troop, the adult patrol is know as the Basshole Patrol. One of the adult leaders had a t-shirt with a picture of a bass on it. The t-shirt had a hole in the middle of the bass. Someone made the comment that it was a bass hole. Well, one thing led to another & we now have our ouwn pocket Basshole Patrol t-shirts & a Patrol flag!

Ed Mori

Two that the boys have used that I like are Bad Banana and Big Top patrols.

A few years ago we couldn't get the boys to create their own patrol flags. The adults made two for them.. the Petunia and The Daisy patrols, next week they had their own flags.

http://www.scouter.com/forums/viewThread.asp?threadID=41254#id_41254

The thread above has several lists. I used the search tab in scouter.com to searc www.scouter.com for the word patrol in the entire text by date range. I think that there was another thread earlier in the year because I thought that I shared "Metallic Box" and the "Horny Toads".

Eamonn you wouldn't be familiar w/ the Black Box in Galway Would you? My son & I caught the Saw Doctors there in July --- awesome!

Sad to say it has been way too long since I was in Galway.

A wrong that we will put right next June.( Got a great price on the airfare. So tickets are booked.)

I do like the Saw Doctors and have a lot of their stuff om mp3 and CD.

Even OJ likes some of their stuff. I even caught him singing "This is me being me."

They are playing at Shepherds Bush, in London in early Dec.I have vacation left so I might be on that side of the pond.

Eamonn

My husband just went through his SM training, and he loved it. One of the first things they did was to divide into patrols. Then choose a patrol leader, patrol name, etc. He jokingly said sloth, and the other guys loved it. You never know with Scouts, huh? Even the big ones--lol! So, my husband comes home and asks me how to draw a sloth. Of course, I haven't heard the rest of the story yet, so I don't know why he's asking, and he has never asked me how to draw anything. Then he asks me how I might put that picture onto a patch, saying, "you know--kind of like a patrol patch". I'm trying not to bust a seam from laughing, because he's actually serious. He also wanted to know how to make a patrol flag. I did what I'd do with the boys (the smaller ones--hee hee), and tell him that his Scout Handbook has all that info. By the way, I'm just a committee member with my primary role being in the pack; he is Troop Adv. Chair and he's on every outing and at all troop meetings--he should KNOW this, right? He gets his handbook (yes, he had to have his own!), then goes on-line and finds a simple image, and he got into my craft stuff and made his entire patrol Sloth Patrol patrol patches. I don't how creative the name might be, but I do know from this--and from reading what you all have shared--that one never knows where that name might come from :)(This message has been edited by Laurie)