Summer camp-6 scouts-how to use patrol method

Came home yersterday from camp. Other than the weather, we had a great week. Advance On, sawa your son. He was doing a fine job.

So we went with a provisional patrol with an existing patrol leader. And guess what! He did a great job! Not all the Scouts in the provisional patrol elected this PL, but they all followed him. I had more problems with my SPL than the PL.

Did this provisional patrol elect it's PL? No

Did this provisional patrol follow the leader they had? Yes.

It can work.

All in all, the week was great!

Ed Mori

Scoutmaster

Troop 1

1 Peter 4:10

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK Bill Clinton, er Bob White. By worked I meant the Scouts in the patrol responded favorably to his leadership.

Where in my post did I say it worked well for the adults? Don't think I did. The patrol method was used. And it worked (refer to the above definition).

Ed Mori

Scoutmaster

Troop 1

Wow Ed, resorting to name caling,

From the Scoutmaster's Handbook, Chapter 2 The methods of Scouting, Method 2- The Patrol Method

"...The Boys themselves elect their patrol leader, divide up the jobs to be done..."

So while "a" patrol method was used, "THE" patrol method was not.

Just back from summer camp and have many ways to deleiver the program, not all very good.

OGE,

No. The patrol method was used. The PL was elected by 4 of the 6 Scouts at summer camp. The other 2 are new Scouts & don't really know him that well.

Ed Mori

Scoutmaster

Troop 1