Hey moderator what's going on?

In the margin this morning there is a link to sex-crime lawyer.us.

I clicked on it and they will find an attorney to defend you against a whole raft of unpleasent behavior.

Is this website really that hard up for money that we need advertising like this?

Everyone has the right to an attorney but not to advertise here.

If money is needed to run the website we can have a FOScouter.com drive.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

from what I understand, and this is hearsay as none of the moderators here are anything but volunteer moderators who have no dealing with the website management, the website is funded in part by an advertising subscription services that will flash ads based on what is being talked about. Talk about paintball, and you will get paintball ads, talk about camo, and we will see camo ads, talk about sex and pedophilia and we get lawyer ads.

I have a fun idea--let's all mention some inane topic and see what it takes to cause an ad to pop up! For example...

I think llama raising would be an excellent choice for a new Merit Badge. Yes, llama raising, or llama husbandry. What do you think about llama raising?

Did you hear about the Llama that was a bell ringer? He was known as the Llama llama ding dong

What kind of toy did the mother llama give her daughter for Christmas?

A Dolly LLama

What did the llama say to the blade of grass?

It was nice knawing you!

I wonder if the topic has some influence on the ad content? We could try spinning off a new thread on llamas and see if it has any effect.

Hunt, you've got me considering what you could use a llama for in terms of earning BSA awards. Certainly it would work as part of the llama husbandry merit badge, although that would likely be incorporated as the 'llama option' of the Animal Science merit badge.

You could own llamas as a business, and you could offer llama cart rides, or llama pack animals for rent, or sell llama wool. That could work as part of American Business, Entrepreneurship, and Salesmanship. You could certainly use llama fiber as part of the Textile merit badge.

And you could certainly use a llama as your pet for the Pets merit badge. And of course there's the Veterinary Medicine merit badge, where you could prepare a program of health maintenance for your llama.

For cinematography or photography you could take pictures of your llama. The surprising thing is that there doesn't appear to be any way to utilize a llama in earning the Animal Science merit badge. I guess you might come across one guarding the sheep upon a visit to a sheep farm, but there's no requirement you can use that for.

And I think the most obvious use of a llama in earning an award would be the 50-miler award. The application specifically says that "(In some areas pack animals may be used.)"

The word 'llama' actually appears on the national Scouting site. Their survey of council high adventure types includes an option for horse/llama packing. http://www.scouting.org/boyscouts/directory/submit.cgi

Oak Tree

Did you hear about the lame llama astronomer? Yeah, he got to use the hobble telescope.

So, we can incorporate llamas into the space exploration and astronomy merit badges.

I hear llamas can have fly problems, so perhaps llamas would be helpful when earning the fly fishing MB.

I think I better llama self out of here...

SWScouter

A horse is a horse, of course, of course,

And no one can talk to a horse of course

That is, of course, unless the horse is the famous Scouter Llama.

Go right to the source and ask the horse

He'll give you the answer that you'll endorse.

He's always on a steady course.

Talk to the Scouter Llama.

People yakkity yak a streak and waste your time of day

But Scouter Llama's will never speak unless they has something to say.

A horse is a horse, of course, of course,

And this one'll talk 'til his voice is hoarse.

You never heard of a talking horse?

Well listen to this. We are Scouter Llamas.

- With apologies to Livingston and Evans...