Jamboree Merchandise at the Scout Shop

Just got back from my local council shop, it looks like they've sent out all the surplus Jamboree merchandise from the Trading Posts to all of the council shops operated by National. They had the bottom of the barrel stuff, the arena show wands, the goofy felt hats, tumbler glasses, but they also had t-shirts, one very small belt, participant hats, and participant patches. Not to mention those incredibly overpriced bags of gummies! And other stuff I'm forgetting. Just thought people might want a heads-up.

Additionally, it looks like the surplus stuff has shown up on ScoutStuff, too.

Kind of surprising by what's NOT on ScoutStuff. Only one patch (sublimated one). You mean that's it? They sold out of EVERYTHING ELSE??? I believe they sold out of all the regional & subcamp patches/pins, but you mean the visitor patch, all the backpatches, staff patch, etc are all gone?

I was going to get a belt from the website, but when I went back to buy it the page was gone. Apparently they took it down the day after they posted it. This was the page that you had to have a jambo registration number to see, not the new collectibles one.

That page has different stuff than the other page. The other page had different stuff. It had a belt, a belt buckle, a couple shirts, and one or two other things. They were letting you order stuff, but it all seemed to be back ordered and wasn't going to ship until January.

It looks like the belts and patches of the day are still on side of the site restricted to jamboree participants. You have to have a jamboree account and long in with it to get those items.

The close-out junk -- jamboree noise sticks and logo gummie bears -- is available to anyone.

Seems like they really ran the inventory down tight this time. A lot of the good stuff was sold out before the end of the jamboree. Last time the national scout shops had mounds of stuff on sale, including a good bit of previously restricted stuff like participant patches, etc. Obviously, not having a lot of remaining inventory is a good thing, but it's encouraging that they are being customer-oriented and offering the belts and PODs on a re-order basis.

Wow, are all the patches of the day available on the restricted website?

I only visited Jambo for the day, but have seen the prices on ebay. If they reissue them later (as they all sold out at Jambo), that is really going to tank some of the ebay prices. I had to pay a premium on ebay for 2 Jambo walking staff shields, as the trading posts were sold out when I went.

Actually dropped by one of the local Scout Shops here. They seem to have but a subset of the Jambo stuff at ScoutStuff. No patches or pins, for instance.

I'll be checking another local Scout Shop tomorrow. Will curious to see if they are different.