I just looked at the weather report for Fort AP Hill, it doesn't sound too horrible. It could be worse.

Rest Of Today...Partly sunny. A chance of thunderstorms with a slight chance of showers late this morning...then a chance of showers and thunderstorms this afternoon. Highs in the mid 90s. Southwest winds 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 40 percent. Heat index values up to 101 this afternoon.

Tonight...Partly cloudy with a chance of showers and thunderstorms early in the evening...then partly cloudy with a slight chance of showers and thunderstorms late in the evening. Mostly clear after midnight. Lows in the mid 70s. West winds around 5 mph. Chance of rain 30 percent.

Thursday...Mostly sunny. A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon. Hot with highs in the upper 90s. West winds 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 20 percent.

Thursday Night...Partly cloudy. Lows in the lower 70s. Southwest winds around 5 mph in the evening...becoming light and variable.

Friday...Partly sunny. Hot with highs around 100. Southwest winds 5 to 10 mph. Heat index values up to 104 in the afternoon.

Friday Night And Saturday...Mostly clear. Hot. Lows in the mid 70s. Highs around 100.

Saturday Night...Partly cloudy. Lows in the mid 70s.

Sunday And Sunday Night...Partly cloudy. A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Highs in the lower 90s. Lows in the lower 70s. Chance of rain 30 percent.

Monday Through Tuesday...Mostly clear. Highs in the lower 90s. Lows around 70.

If it's gonna rain, or if it's gonna be too hot, I ain't going.... :)

As a Civil War Reenactor, I've had some really tough weather in Virginia, it's just part of the adventure! The boys should come prepared....

Stosh

• 2 weeks later...

The highest temperature I saw the Saturday prior to the Jamboree starting was 108.

The highest temperature I saw on Sunday prior to the Jamboree starting was 111.

It cooled off nicely though with highs in the 80s and lows in the lower 60s.