Alumni now Den Leader

I was in Boy Scouts for 4 years when I was a kid. Due to lack of guidance and most likely constructive discipline I earned a total of 2 merit badges during my tenure, but I did have fun. Now I'm all grown up, and encouraged my 7 year old to join scouts. He reluctantly agreed so we went to register and we both got signed up. I told the CC that I would be glad to help if I could, and signed me up as a DL. After the impending responsibilites set in, I felt like I had just jumped off a cliff. I stumbled my way through the first meeting. Now I have now completed my online and other training, conducted 4 meetings and am having one heck of a good time, and the kids are too. When my son found out I was going to be the DL, he declared he was a "Wolf Scout for life!" How awesome is that? It's a shame that more adults don't get involved in scouting, not that I needed an excuse to spend more time with my son, but I can't think of a better organization for both of us to grow in. I've got a great group of kids with supportive parents in my den. That's a great and probably rare combo. I am very excited about this whole endeavor, and am very thankful that I volunteered. It's been great for me teaching and watching the kids learn AND have fun.(This message has been edited by BradFB)