Wondering if anyone can shed new light on those of us who are not yet assigned, but received the patch and letter? Our local council exec in charge of Jambo has no info, other than they approved me. Even though my schedule and availability are pretty flexible, it would nice to have an inkling as to plans for the summer. Especially since I am seriously considering doing a cross country trip from California in conjunction. Thanks for any current input.

I wouldn't be overly worried if you have not gotten a position by now. I've have to check previous Jamborees as to how early I was told I had a position.

Those who already had something lined up with specific staff groups are pretty much the ones who have been picked. (this was true in my case).

I think that back in 97, I didn't get picked until about 5 months out. And that was when my first choices fell thru, was tossed in the 'pool' and got picked by Trading Post.

I would like to think that most people who get picked this year.

• 11 months later...

Should all who have applied for adult staff heard something regarding an assignment by now? I applied for staff in January 2009 and got my $100 deposit acceptance letter and 1st patch in late January or February 2009. I have fully paid the $795 adult staff fee (making the last payment on it in October or November 2009). However, I still haven't received an assignment yet.

Are there any others out there like this? When should I receive my staff assignment?

I paid my $100 deposit months ago, and still haven't received my letter or patch....but I do have an assignment.

I was emailed by one of the directors last week, we went back and forth by email, eventually talked by phone, and I agreed to work in his area.

Assignment but no patch!

Seems there is a real disconnect between some areas. I paid up in October, and got final confirmation of acceptance (my dates of arrival and departure) in late January. In November the person in charge of my area had already notified me of acceptance and forwarded me information regarding my position. Good luck!

Actually, I recieved my LOA by email Satuday morning and my letter and patch came in the mail a couple days later.

Last weekend I was at our Section's Leadership Retreat, and our Section Chief and antoher that was attending, both are VC's for two of the OA events (Mysterium Compass and PACEsetters) asked anyone if they were going to Jambo as staff and still needed a position. Both of those still have slots.

• 3 weeks later...

Finally got my report date: July 19th. Holy smokes, I didn't know I was signing on for that much time, but it'll be fun. I always have fun staffing national events. It's 80% attitude and 20% hard work.