Got My Jambo Patch for Staff

Awhile ago I filled out the online staff application and paid my deposit. The other day I received the patch to wear above my right pocket with a note saying, thanks for paying 100 bucks, here's a patch to wear, be patient, we're still deciding if you will be on staff.

I have mixed feelings about actually sewing it on and wearing it before I know if I really will be on staff or not...

SWScouter

Got mine as well, and it is getting me to pick up my new uniform shirt now. I will sew it onto my "formal" shirt, and leave my two older shirts for campouts.

I received my staff appointment - helping out at SCUBA and snorkeling!

Strange. I had heard others had received theirs, but figured they only sent them to those who had received appointments. (haven't yet gotten mine)

In the past, you didn't get your first regular jamboree patch until you had been accepted and paid your first installment. You received your second patch when you made your final payment. You could, of course, order as many patches as you wanted from NS once the catalog came out.

Staff patches have only been given out at the last 2 jamborees, and then only at the end.

"By the way, the $100 deposit is considered the first installment."

Fine. But I find it strange that people who haven't yet been given an assignment have received a staff patch. You had to have both: first installment AND been accepted, before you got your first Jambo patch.

And does this mean we are getting more then one staff patch? If we only get one, I'm not going to sew it on a uniform.

Fellow Jamboree Staffers,

Greetings!

(and a jealous grrrr too)

Mrs Crew21_Adv has already been accepted and assigned to International Exhibits, for nearly a month already. Good to know that she'll be looking for the patch in the mail. I've been accepted to staff, but I am still awaiting on position assignment.

I joke with her, that Mrs Crew21_Adv will have to come out to parking lot duty to say hi to me. Oh well. Hopefully my assignment (and patch) arrives soon.

Scouting Forever and Venture On!

Crew21 Adv

I have been assigned to a trading post somewhere!

I got my patch in the mail over the weekend.

My son is going to apply for youth staff. As far as I know, they are still in need of staff, especially for an event that big.

ccjj

"Do you guys know if they are still accepting applications for youth or adult staff? I wasn't sure because the website didn't say. And how much would you have to pay total to go there on staff?"

AFAIK, they are still accepting staff applications. As its year and a half away, I doubt they've filled all the positions.

For adults over 25, its $800, for youth staff and adults under 26, its $400. You are responsible to get yourself there. Different staff groups have different time requirements. Some groups may have you there a couple of days before the troops, and leave after they leave. Others will require you there much further out, and prehaps stay longer.

My patch arrived today. It's the Staff variety. Of course, I can't wear it on my Sea Scout uniform, and don't plan to buy any new BSA uniforms (old ones apparently shrunk in storage) until it's entirely clear what they will want us to wear at the Jambo.

(old ones apparently shrunk in storage)

Glad to hear that's happened to someone else besides me. For a while there, I thought my closet had magical properties.

I'm extremely envious of you folks who are going to be working at Jambo. I'd give an arm and a leg to have the time off...

"Of course, I can't wear it on my Sea Scout uniform, and don't plan to buy any new BSA uniforms (old ones apparently shrunk in storage) until it's entirely clear what they will want us to wear at the Jambo."

Well, for me I plan on wearing my Venturing uniforms at Jamboree, as that's the only program I'm involved in.

I'm planning on holding off putting the patch on, until I know that we can get multiple staff patches. Last couple of Jamborees its been 2 different borders for youth and adults. Haven't heard what they are doing this time. But am in no real rush...

Yeah, I could wear Venturing uniform, but I don't own one of those, either. I suppose I could get those for the Jambo, but, if I can't wear Sea Scout stuff, I'd just as soon wear Boy Scout.

Kind of interesting, I'm not registered in Sea Scouting at all. I'm a commissioner and member of the District Committee. There is no registered position in this council for Sea Scout Vice Commodore, or any other SS position not directly unit related. This is true of other commodores in councils I know of.