Jamboree Registratioin is up 5-28-08

Looks like its up. Go to Scouting.org, then login to my scouting then click on events registration and you will see the following.

2010 NSJ Staff Application

Staff positions are open to youth/adult men and women currently registered with the BSA. Adult staff members must be born before July 26, 1989. Youth staff members must have been born between August 4, 1989 and July 26, 1994.

2010 NSJ Adult Leader Application

2010 National Scout Jamboree Adult Leader Application

2010 NSJ Youth Participant Application

As a parent, you may submit an application for your child to attend the 2010 National Scout Jamboree. To be eligible for consideration, your child must be an actively registered youth member, a First Class Scout and 12 years old or have completed the sixth grade by July 1, 2010.

2010 NSJ Staff - Edit Existing Application

Use this form if you would like to make a payment or edit your existing application information. You will need your Registration Code from your confirmation email to enter the site.

2010 NSJ Adult Leader - Edit Existing Application

Use this form if you would like to make a payment or edit your existing application information. You will need your Registration Code from your confirmation email to enter the site.

2010 NSJ Youth - Edit existing Application

Thanks for the heads up!! I went to the site and filled out a Staff app. and fired it off into cyber-space. Now just sitting back waiting for the credit card bill and the offers of Jamboree employment to roll in. All in all pretty painless.

I read a thread a few weeks ago protesting the National fee for Staff and my head was nodding up and down in agreement at the time. I remember thinking I'll be darned if I'm going to pay that kind of money to swelter in Virginia and work my tail off, but Jamboree must be sort of close to what childbirth is like. After a while you sort of forget the pain. After the last three Jamborees I remember thinking, I'm glad I went, but you'll never get me to do that again. Well, here I go again. Subject to offer of employment.