Hasn't been announced. Its a little too soon.

Keep in mind that council contingents will have a fee much larger then what the council's are charged by National.

There will be the adult staff fee. Probably around $600-700. Youth staff fee will be half of that. The contingent fees are not made known, but are close to that. THEN the councils will put together a contingent with their costs. So they will have to had to this amount the cost of travel, equipment, and other items. Depending on the council, their fees will be about $2000 or more.

I really don't expect to see anything specific until next year.

From the West Coast in 2005 we had a cost of about $2500 I believe.

I've already excited about it. My son just got back from the WSJ and got me thinking about it. I've been schmoozing the powers that be in my council to get a spot as a contingent leader. I'm either smart or really simple. Probably the latter.

Keep in mind there are requirements for the 4 contingent spots with each troop.

The SM and 1st Assistant must be Scoutmasters with WB experience (and some other requirements).

2nd Assistant can be any other leader, but must still have WB.

3rd Assistant must be between 18 & 21.

Training & recognition help the candidated. So having Scouters Training Awards, Scouters Keys, Silver Beaver, staffed training, etc, all help, as well as past NSJ experience.

Not that you don't have a chance, but keep all this in mind. There is also staffing the jamboree, which can be just as much of an experience.

I tried going as a contingent leader in my council years ago (they only got 1 contingent). Was only eligable for the 2nd Assistant position. Was turned down. I (and some of my fellow scouters) didn't like it when I heard one of the reasons I had been turned down was that I was 'too young'. (was in my early 20s, but had been to a NSJ as a youth) I went as staff, and have been doing so for all other NSJs. I don't think I'll ever bother to try again for a position as a contingent leader.

"Those may be your council requirements but they are not Nationals. The only national requirement was 1 leader is supposed to be 18-21. WB has never been a national requirement."

Uh, National most certainly does have requirements for the contingent leaders, more so then what you claim. They do require that the SM & 1st ASM be a current SM. I've seen the requirements they set down for these positions. Sadly, I can't refer to them right now as they are off-line.

I went as 1ASM in 1997. At that time you had to be a SM and WB Trained was recommended, but not required. The SM of our Jamboree Troop was WB trained. He turned out to be a not so hot choice, but not because of Wood Badge training. The only other requirements I can think of was mandatory YPT

Leader Qualifications from the 2005 Jamboree from http://www.jamboleader.org/2005_BSA/attend.htm

SM & 1st ASM- Be a SM for at least one year prior, completed basic training. (WB not required, but recommended. That really wasn't the point of my posting, its that you had to be a SM to be eligable for these 2 spots)

2nd ASM- at least 21 and served in an adult troop leadership position for atleast one year in the prior 3 years.

3rd ASM- be 18-21 and served in a scout troop leadership position.

These have pretty much been the basic requirements for as long as I've seen them.