lets hear the jamboree stories

I just got a note from one of the families in this troop, and the Scouts just returned this afternoon and are now catching up on family time and sleep. They promised me an update soon, and I'd love to hear what our forum members who went thought of Jamboree. Please post when you can.

• 6 months later...

the death march to see the president. it was soooooo hot and dry. i was from subcamp 17 so it was a good 3 mile walk there. then the president backed out!!!!!!! it only took us like 15 minutes to get back cuz a storm was coming and me an my friend ran as hard as we could all the way back. whan we got back my patrols dining flay was knocked over and colapsed

• 1 month later...

I am a scout from Michigan, I attend the Jamboree and I am willing to share my experences. I would have got to you sooner but I just got onto this site, and I like it very much. The Jamboree was a lot of fun, I met a lot of new people, saw the greatest fireworks show ever, and heard the president of the US speak. I had a blast and am willing to share more if this post site is still active. Please reply to this and let me know if there are any people who wants to hear more. Thank you.

J.Habbershaw

Hi Hubert01

What sub-camp were you in?

All the Scouts in the Troop I served as Scoutmaster to are still talking about the Jamboree.

All seem to think it was the best!!

While I agree that the fireworks and the visit from the President were great. I wasn't very happy with the show -Or the lack of toilets!!

Eamonn.

I was in Subcamp 11, my troop had the car patches, they were hot at Jambo. The fireworks were ok, better than the show, but Bush was cooler. I liked the fireworks because I have never seen so many of them before.

• 1 month later...

Certainly a Lifetime Memory. Questions:

* Why was the Jambo stage flanked by the German National flag colors? Wunderbar!

* Howcum the staff picnic caterer couldn't realize before hand that even his truck drivers would need background checks? Thank you Edys Ice Cream!!! (Did you get your Edys IC badge??)

* Only one bad personal memory ( I won't count the Alaskan tragedy as personal here). I was coming back to Mahone and passed the OA theater. A Troop had had their lunch in the field along the side of the road by the lunch trailer and left every bit of their wrappers and trash in the spot where they ate. I couldn't believe it. I pointed this out to another group of Scouts and together we cleaned it up.

* Had one MP sargent challenge me for riding my Scout Staff issued bike on HIS road. Had to walk back from the parking lot! (okay, make that two bad memories).

* Met Scouts from Kenya, Jamaica, Japan and Canada.

* Shared ideas about disablities (we are "temporarily abled") with the disability exhibit (my dad had only one arm most of his adult life).

* Marveled (reveled) in the ability of Scouts to rise to the occasion in adversity.

* Mountain Boarding? High lining? Wow!

* Just a few things... YiS.

I had a blast at the Jambo even as a guest. It really was quite amazing to see Scouting or such a huge scale. Hops you didn't like the fireworks? I thought it was pretty great! Seeing the President was great too, too bad I was online for the latrine when he first came out on stage...typical. And oh man was it hot...wheh... If any of you were seated on the left side looking towards the stage you may have noticed the Venturers walking around with 24 packs of water handing them out to people. I was one of them. Wearing my explorer/venturing flat hat of course! Overall it was an awesome experience! I will no doubt be going to the next jambo...2010!

YIS

• 1 month later...