Greetings from New England

Greetings everyone,

I've been lurking around the boards since becoming our pack's CC a scant 6 months ago. Now that the scouting year is ramping up, I've jumped in and decided to register for the site. One of the things that I'm learning fast is that for all of the training I've been through to this point, being able to tap the experience of others is absolutely invaluable. And from what I've read, there's a wealth of information here.

Our pack is on the small side, about 30 scouts, and it has been about that size for as long as I've been involved with it (going on my 3rd year). We've got some great parents involved with the program, and though I know that we'll be losing some of them come February when their boys cross over into Boy Scouts, I'm sure that there are some equally great parents coming into the program. Of course, my goal is to get them involved as early as possible (and probably the topic of a post sometime in the future on a different board).

Thanks for taking the time, and I'll probably be chatting with some of you elsewhere on the site.

OneNHScouter

Welcome,

Pull up a log and welcome to the virtual campfire.

I sometimes reminiss the Cankamongas (sp?) Hwy, Conway, the Tram, will allways miss the "Old Man of the Mountain". But will not miss the snow up to my butt, the warm 30's with sub zero wind chills.

YiS,

Rick (formerly from Worcester County, MA and now in El Paso, TX)(This message has been edited by ghermanno)

Welcome to the virtual campfire as others have said.

I went to Party...er..Plymouth State University (back then College) and volunteered with Troop 56 of Plymouth, NH while there.

Plymouth is home of one of only three boy scout statues in the country (and Plymouth's is a fountain that sits on the "Other Plymouth Rock"). I saw this past spring that it's been restored/refurbished recently.

Born and raised a Mainah, spent a little time in exhile in West Texas, but back in Maine.

If any of your Cubbies are already into patches, you might want to bring'em down to Camp Carpenter in Manchester the weekend before Halloween. There's going to be a scout memorabilia show--scouts in uniform are admitted free.

If you go, look for the guy with all the patch blankets. :)