After two years of planning it comes down to a few days. Everyone here seems ready to go. A few last minute items to pack and we are off.

i just want to wish everyone a safe trip and hopefully see you at Jambo.

Trunks are packed. Delivered to my troop CC who will be transporting them for me. Backpack is almost packed.. dont want to pack it all just yet b/c I still have a troop meeting to go to tonite. I leave tomorrow.

Mike Hopper

Rappel Tower D, Subcamp 4

We fly to Jambo and send all of the tents, dining flies, stoves, etc. by trailer. The trailer was loaded and sealed this past Sunday. We fly out on Wednesday morning. I had hoped to get 95% of my packing done last night and wind up with odds and ends packing tonight. No such luck. I had an old friend who had been in Germany with NATO show up at my door last night. We visited until after 10 PM. I was up till 2:30 AM playing catch up. So tonight is going to be one hectic night of packing, running to the store for last minute items and checking and rechecking. Heck, I can sleep on the plane!

Leaving tomorrow evening - by bus. Came back from a great backbacking trip last weekend. Been working until 10:00 PM - midnight the past few days. I start to pack a few hours before departure (helps keep the load down). Looking forward to two weeks without a (paying) job!

Stop by subcamp #12 for a visit. I'll be the one sleeping.

The truck was loaded over the weekend and sealed on Tuesday.

We had our last pre-jambo Troop meeting last night.

In the light of what happened in London a couple of weeks back, we did a little more work on Emergency Preparedness.

Last Jambo we had a few Scouts who had been before, this time only my-self and the 3 ASM have.

We leave at 7:00 AM and with a fair wind and not too long eating hope to be at the Hill by about 1:00 PM on Sunday.

We are in Sub-camp 4 with Troop 412.

I am the very good looking fellow with white hair, green shorts and a tan shirt, who talks with a southern accent.

Southern London that is!!

I do answer to "Hey You" or "Hey Limey" but when I was in hot water at home my Mum called me Eamonn Oliver!!

Eamonn Walsh

SM Troop 412.

My son's troop is off Sunday morning at 6am (or 6:30am, depending on who you ask)...unfortunately we have been very unimpressed by the lack of information/communication coming out of our Scoutmaster and Council regarding Jamboree....at this point (Friday midnight) we still have unanswered questions (differing information coming from the Scoutmaster and the Council) about uniforming, transportation, etc....for example, the question of whether all Scouts need a photo ID.....our council (after being questioned several times)checked with national this afternoon(!), at which time they were told, YES, photo IDs are required....I guess they're going to tell the Scouts this tomorrow(!)....of course, we have no phone tree or email mailing list, so getting info out is sketchy, anyway....

Eamonn, I told my Scout to look you up....he's also in Subcamp 04....our contingents are Troops 4402 and 4403....unfortunately, someone made a mistake ordering their numbers (they should be Troops 402 and 403!)....this seems to be par for the course for the way our Jamboree contingent has been organized (or disorganized)...

Sorry to gripe, and I'm not down on Scouting....my dh and I have both been very involved and I know it's a good program...oh well, I'm sure when they get to Jambo it will be fine....my Scout is a veteran of Seabase, etc. so he'll be OK....It just is a poor showing when such an experience is so poorly organized (these examples are just some from a fairly long list).....