traveling to jambo,what to wear?

I know this sound stupid but...

Isn't there some ruling that while traveling on Scout business your should wear your field uniform(ClassA). That would mean for me that I would be wearing it to and from the airport and the bus ride to AP Hill.

Just checking as others may want to know.

Our scouts and scouters have been told to bring NO "civilian" clothing other than their swimsuit, sleep clothes and underwear. We will be in uniform from the time we get on the plane to go to Jambo until we get off the plane and go home. We have two hats. One is a contingent touring hat and the other is the official Jambo hat. The wide brimmed Jambo safari hat is an option. T-shirts must be the ones supplied by the contingent plus any other scout related t-shirt. We only allow the web belt and the blackish/grey metal neckerchief slide. I've heard from others who have gone to previous Jambos that our council is far stricter than others. They claim to have seen boys walking around in t-shirts with beer advertisments on them. For our very last troop meeting before departing for Jambo, we had the boys bring their footlockers with their clothing and checked to make sure they had everything they needed and to check the placment of their patches.

If you are going as staff instead of leadership, I would assume you could wear whatever you wanted while traveling. You are traveling under your own plans and on your own dime to report for unpaid work.

"We only allow the web belt and the blackish/grey metal neckerchief slide."

The blackish/grey metal neckerchief slide is a no-no.

If you really want to be strict you can follow the rules:

Official national jamboree uniform:

Scout shorts

Scout visored cap or jamboree cap

Scout shirts, short-sleeve casual

Scout khaki web or leather belt

Scout socks (official red top)

Jamboree neckerchief

Jamboree neckerchief slide

Jamboree troop numerals

Jamboree jacket (optional)

(jamboree jacket emblem optional)

We're getting picked up at the airport for transportation to AP Hill. We asked about showing up in civvies vs uniform. We were told we could wear what we wanted, but it would be easier to identify us if we were in uniform.

Cindyt888 wrote: "We're getting picked up at the airport for transportation to AP Hill. We asked about showing up in civvies vs uniform. We were told we could wear what we wanted, but it would be easier to identify us if we were in uniform."

That settles it for me. My flight schedule was changed and now I have less than 30 minutes before the last bus leaves. So, it'll be Class A for me.

- Oren