Need Tips for Jamboree First Timer

Prepping for a second week at summer camp with my son and a few others unable to attend our regular week. My son will then have a few days off before boarding the bus for DC and the National Jamboree. Scoutalot will stay at home and recouperate.

This is his first trip to jamboree. Wondering what advice previous attendees might offer in terms of tips and activities not to be missed.

Thanks in advance.

Everyone will have their favorites and mine is the Conservation area. The LNT presentation in 2001 was very well done.

Hope he has a great time.

Baden

Jambo Post Office type 2001 & 2005

So much to do hard to pick a favorite! My son enjoyed the OA presentations as well as the action centers. I too enjoyed the conservation area. I do recomend the area across from Merit Badge midway where there are a bunch of displays such as boys life. Best advice I have for the boys in the troop that I serve is to trade patches while on the go and avoid setting up shop in front of the campsite. Too many boys miss out on the action spending their time sitting in guard of their patches.

Send your son my best wishes for a great trip! D.C. is an exciting place to tour!!

Knotty Fox

Serving Jamboree Troop 1504 as Scoutmaster

Yep, right across the way from the Post Office!