As we all know everyone needs a photo ID for the Jambo?

Most of the Scouts in Troop 412 have school Student IDs which are acceptable.

But we have one school district that doesn't use them.

I have asked our Council service center to make copies of the Lads membership cards, I sent them a photo of each Scout and the service center is going to laminate the photo to the back of the card. This is acceptable.

I had them make one for me. I think it will be neat.

Ea.

That is a great idea!

Several years ago, our troop visited a large military installation to participate in an archeological dig. The post security required photo IDS, so we made our own laminated troop IDS using digital pictures of each scout in full uniform with troop and BSA logos, etc. They were slick. I was skeptical of the security utility of the IDs, but the boys really seemed to like them!

I just took my son yesterday and took care of his ID. Been planning on doing it for at least six months and decided time was getting short. The state of Oklahoma now issues a state ID card very similar to the drivers license. You have to submit two pieces of identification such as Social Security card and a certified birth certificate. They photograph and fingerprint you. The DL is a landscape orientation while the ID is a portrait orientation. I believe the DL is blue and the ID is red. They now use a digital camera and the picture is actually printed directly to the plastic instead of laminating a picture pasted to a piece of paper. It cost $10 and has a 4 year expiration on it. It carries all of the same info as a DL with address, weight, height, eye and hair color. We are having one final Jambo troop meeting this weekend and are requiring all scouts to bring their uniforms with patches sewn on and photo ID's. We don't want surprises when we get to the airport or to the Jambo.

E,

While this sounds ok from the outset in order to be acceptable this is what the Military Police at AP Hill told me personnally back in May.

"AP Hill PM stated they have not set a minimum standard except

it must be from an official source. They stated they are not going

to be rigid as to type but must contain certain info.

Name, age, Discription, photo, and signiture.

That is exactly what the local base said also.

Both people liked the idea of the membership card with photo and

personnal info on back, but card had to be laminated so as to be

tamper proof."

In addition to picture you need the other info.

I checked with the guys in the NE-Region and they said that the laminated membership card with the photo will be fine.

Like many of the Troops that are close we will be among the the early birds.

The adults will have other ID.

Ea.

Eammon,

Actually Penna. does have a photo ID card. The cost is $10.00 and you get it at the Drivers License Center.

My Jambo bound son got one a month ago when he got his permit renewed. He needed to show 2 forms of ID. He was not fingerprinted.

Here in TN we have the photo ID similar to the Drivers Lic. It is taken at the DOT and made on the same type card with the digital photo printed directly on the card. You need the SS card and the Birth Cert. and there is a small fee ($10) the one change we have is that you get an ID number on the card that stays with you to become your drivers lic. number eventually. They will make these cards for the younger children also.

Kristi

Hmmmm... Eammmon,

I don't know about the over 16 years old part. My son just turned 17 and when he was renewing his permit (feet dragging on taking the driving part of Driver's Ed and wasn't allowed to get his license until he did so, we were discussing the fact that he would need a photo ID for the Jamboree. The PENNDot man then told us about the photo ID.

Yay - God Bless Gov. Rendell and his slot machines....... (insert roll eyes incon here!)