Union Made - No. American Made - No.

I don't like caps and have so many T-shirts that about twice a year Her That Must Be Obeyed donates half of them to Good Will, just so she can shut the drawer.

I am very aware that the Jamboree Participant Cap and the Jamboree T-shirts are not uniform items.

I have ordered hats and T-shirts for different events. In fact I ordered T-shirts for the Jambo Troop. The ones we ordered are made in the USA, have an Eagle on the breast and the names of all the participants on the back. We ordered 125 and our cost was $6.75 each.

Looking at the Jamboree T-shirt they start at $14.95 and are made in Mexico

The official Jamboree Participants cap, which is very nice has a price tag of $21.95. I don't know much about caps but the caps I bought for Wood Badge cost under $6.00. Our caps were made in the USA, the Jamboree Cap in made in Bangladesh.

I have never owned a $21.95 cap before!!

Eamonn.

I collect t-shirts from wherever I've been & I don't throw them out even though they don't fit me because I'm a "little" overweight but they are memories for me! I still have the t-shirt that I bought on my senior class trip back in 1975!

Eamonn,

is your point that Boy Scout items are NOT made in America? I would think that all Boy Scout items would be made in this country & not in a foreign country. I think it's rather sad that a Boy Scout Jamboree items are mad in another country.

Sorry if I don't get your point as I have a headache & my brain cell isn't up to par!

Judy

Hi Judy,

One reason given for the high price of BSA uniforms is that they are made in the USA and are union made.

While the t-shirt and jamboree cap are not uniform items, I think the price tag is high.

Eamonn.

Eamonn,

I get your point now! Yes, it is high for being made in a foreign country but it's probably priced high because it's a Jamboree item I guess.

On another thought, even though a jamboree shirt & hat are not part of the uniform, you'd think it would be made in the US as it has to do with Boy Scouts! Am I right on this?

Judy

P.S. I love that you call your wife "Her That Must Be Obeyed"! :)