International Night July 28.

I didn't do such a good job in 2001 in helping the troop get ready for the International Night. To be very honest I didn't prepare for it at all. But somehow on the night we seemed to gather a large group of Scouts. There were 3 or 4 American Troops, a group from Mexico and a group from I think Taiwan.

I love a good camp fire or a simple sing along. We had at our shake down had a camp fire but it was more to fill the time more than anything else.

Our shakedown is next week and this time I want to be ready. I have the Scribe working on a Troop song book.

While channel surfing tonight I ended up on PBS and a show about dance. The show spent some time looking at the dances from American Samoa, this reminded me of the good old Polynesian Duck Dance, created by none other than my friend Martin, many years ago. I did post the dance sometime back but I think it would be great if we could get a bunch of Jamboree Troops together on the International Night all doing the dance. It really isn't that hard and is a lot of fun

The Polynesian Duck Dance

Away Nakka Nakka nay,

Away Nakka Nakka nay,

Etok, Etok, Etok

(Repeat verse)

Quack, Quack, Quack (while hopping to the right)

Quack, Quack, Quack (while hopping to the left)

This is done 3 times, gradually getting faster with each repeat. On the final yell swoosh and fall to the ground.

Eamonn

(This message has been edited by Eamonn)