Hi Mike,

Welcome to the forum.

If you want to discuss the Jambo, there are a number of people who post here attending and they would love to chat, discuss and debate it with you here.

I will be returning for my second Jamboree as Scoutmaster. I think the Jamboree Committee from our council think that maybe I'll get it right this time. Our council has a lot of people going as staff members. In fact my 16 year old son is working the bikeathon. We are all from the NE-region.

Our Jamboree Troop number is 412. I am the good looking guy with sexy knees or so Her That Must Be Obeyed, used to tell me.

Again Welcome and feel free to chirp up at any time.

Eamonn.

Guys, thanks for the replies. What I was suggesting was to create a separate forum for Jamboree discussion so we don't have to search through "High Adventure", "New to the Forum", "Summer Camp", or wherever else someone might post Jamboree questions or comments. Is there a way to request this of the person who has the ability to create a new forum?

Thanks again, Mike

A Jambo Forum sounds like a great idea fellow scouters! If I can be of any assistance, please let me know. 2005 will be my fifth National Jamboree and I've got one World Jamboree under my belt. International Hosting! Scuba Staff for 2001 though. Regards! Bob

I will be work at Trading Post B. Last few times been assistant scoutmaster of trading post B. Trading post is in the center of the jamboree by the central region. Who to see you there. To my knowledge the only trading psot with males and females. both youth and adult.

Have you been to the National Web site?

( www.scouting.org)

Follow the link from "Other BSA web sites. There is tons of info there if you click on the guide book.

Hope this helps.

If you get stuck in the trading post near the NE-Region, I will be spending some of my hard earned cash. Last Jambo I bought all the ASM's Jamboree Beach towels as my thank you for putting up with me. Sad thing was that I forgot to buy one for myself.

I see that they are selling off Jamboree Jackets at a huge discount. There isn't very much info and the picture isn't that great. Does anyone have one? Should I spend a few more of these hard earned dollars and buy one?

I did stock up on the Jamboree shorts that were really cheap last time. Even though they didn't have the cargo pockets. Which I never use any way because they are way to small for anything bigger than a Zippo lighter!!

Did anyone visit the Indian Lore display located n the Merit Badge Midway last time?

I went on the Sunday after it stopped raining!! The man in charge was really outstanding I stood there for at least half an hour with drips from the tent running down my neck. I was in total awe. I didn't catch his name. Still he was outstanding I hope that he will be back in 2005. With his permission I would love to video tape his presentation.

In 2001 there was some mix up and we didn't get the bucket to carry the waste water to the disposal area. I had, as luck would have it got 5 gallon buckets with lids for each of our Scouts. My idea was that they could store their sleeping bags in them when they went out for the day. I had also brought a couple of hundred black plastic garbage bags. So when the waste water carriers weren't there we shared the buckets with the troops near by.

I also asked each Scout to bring two rolls of toilet paper, which the Quartermaster looked after. When the toilets were cleaned the toilet paper got soaked. We also had the Scouts carry small packs of Kleenex and a small bottle of hand cleaner in their fanny packs, which had two water bottles.

One big change we are making this Jambo to our equipment is that we are using metal tent stakes made from re-bar. That hard soil was a killer last time.

Eamonn

I have just noticed that the Jamboree 2005 has it's own Forum.

Way to go Hops and Thank you Terry.(This message has been edited by Eamonn)

Eamonn, the Jamboree jackets are first class all the way. If you fit the sizes they have left you'll love it, especially at that price. I'm glad they took me up on my suggestion for a Jamboree forum, don't know why it's under another forum and not up front on it's own, but at least it's here!

Mike

It's great to see so many forum members going to the Jamboree next year. I haven't been since 1985 and can't wait to get back.

Eammon, thanks for the equipment ideas, I'll pass them along to our council's contingent scoutmaster, who just happens to be my father.

My family will have three generations at the Hill next year, my father, me, on subcamp activities staff and my nephew as a member of the jambo troop.

The two jamborees I attended in the 80's were two of the greatest experiences I've ever had and I expect next year to be just as great. I am curious, however, how the jamboree will look on the adult side of things. I attended 1981 as a scout and 1985 on subcamp youth staff. Being there as an alleged adult will be new for me. Anyoune out there been to jamborees as both a youth and adult have any insight?

Sad to say 2001 was my first National Jamboree.I had gone to the World Jamboree in 1975 as a very young ASM.

Our 3rd ASM for this Jambo, was a youth participant last time. He attended the last Word Jamboree in Thailand. He is a super young man and I feel very privileged to have him on the Leadership Team.

This will be my last time going with a Troop, after this I hope we can find someone to pass the torch too. I hope that there will be a place for me some where on staff. I was talking to a friend of mine who works in the Relationships Division at National he said that he would take me if I became an ordained minister!! He of course was joking. I think right now that God isn't ready for me and the devil won't take me. - Anyhow that's what I hoping.

Eamonn.