As I look at the number of active users it is currently 447. That represents a wealth of information, tidbits, hints, how-to that needs to be tapped into. Come on folks join in post your information or start a new thread. I am new to this also and enjoy learning knew things. Don't let yourself be chased off by the hard core posters!! Consider the gauntlet thrown, the flag raised or whatever it takes to get you in here. Come on in the waters fine and the sharks have no teeth. (or at least they are digital teeth)

Treat this forum like a great big scout campfire. Everyone's welcome. Posters here are brand new, old hands, and everyone in the middle. No question is too stupid to ask. Some of us claim to be ex-spurts and can guide you through any encounter. Usually, the more challenging the better. I learn something new everyday.

Doug

Remember, with this campfire, sometimes it's a warm glowing, marshmellow roasting , bone warming type fire and it may be your turn to get some more wood or stoke it. Other times, it's so hot you may need to stand back or throw some water on it. But it's always there for you because scouts can't walk off and leave a campfire burning.

See you at the campfire and bring some fire wood with you.

Doug

My questions is what has happened to the posters that where here and have disappered.

Where are you Bubbabear, Dan Williamson, featherswillfly, Chief Decorah, and many I have missed, come back we miss you! even if we do not always agree with you!

It seems to me that there are only have about 25 active posters.

As I look at the active users it is 1223. come on folks give it up on the knowledge and experienes. Don't live in the shadows, come to the light and let it go.

OK, Question...If that boy stays in this troop we are leaving.

True sory, bad history.

another one: This troop does not have community envolvment.

Post, please, increase the base.

YIS

I am not sure where they get their numbers. I have 187 active and you are right it is about 25 folks actually posting. I check the forum regularly but only add when I am stuck on issues or policy. Thanks for all the advise over time.

The moderator of this forum has explained in the past that at times when there appear to be an unusually large number of "active users," it may be because the indexing function of a search engine is churning through the forum, which artificially inflates the count during that time.(This message has been edited by NJCubScouter)

sctmom says:

It's nice when people post messages about things they have soon work correctly in scouts. The positive things.

Sctmom, I do not normally point out typos or apparent typos in online forums, as it is usually used as a way to attack the substance of another member's post. Also, typos do not usually interfere with understanding what has been said. But I read the first sentence of your post and said, "huh?" Then I realized that "soon" should be "seen." Right? I agree with what you meant to type. :)