Can we go back & give 2011 District Award of Merits?

Last year our DE resigned, and the District Award Dinner did not take place, and the Nominations for District Award of Merit nominations were thrown away, or lost in the process.

We are back on track to have our District Dinner this year, and have the forms for year 2012 being sent out.

QUESTION: Can we go back and get nominations for 2011 as well as 2012? Making sure the award is for service done in 2011?

I'm thinking that the DAM is awarded on more than just one year's accomplishments. It is truly unfortunate that the council dropped the ball on this issue, but it could have been worked out without a DE around holding everyone's hands. If it's important, git 'er done and don't wait for council to do it. That's a given in many circumstances.

What is really unfortunate is that the # of awards is limited and I don't know if the process is retro. If 3 were available and only 2 were deserving, I don't know if the numbers would carry over to the next year. I for one have never heard of that happening.

Oh, heck. This is a special situation. And it isn't awarding more awards than is deserved, , it is just a delay in the presentation. Celebrate the past year(s) accomplishments and fun. Two years worth of cake and ice cream in one party, nothing wrong with that.

Maybe you need to celebrate the DE's departure, too? Maybe not officially?(This message has been edited by SSScout)