Unit Flags- where to buy?

Call your scout shop. They should be able to give you the paperwork you need.

One of our venturers made our crew flag. It was closer to patrol flag size. Problem is durability, so we don't fly it all that much. But it was a very sweet gesture.

Just a quick note -- a couple of years ago, a Scout Stuff catalog showed a small unit flag. The local Scout shop didn't know about it, but was able to order one for me. It took awhile to come in, but other than that, it was a pretty painless experience. So now we have two troop flags -- one regular one, which stays in our meeting place, and a small one that goes on outings with us (along with a small American Flag).

I have no idea if the small format flag is still available or not.

Guy

Contact your local scout shop as their is a special form to use. It can be expensive since you are paying for a flag AND every character.

Expect 6-8 weeks for deliver as they are custom made.

While I would make my own den flag, unit flags are a different matter IMHO. I'd stick with the official one.

Here's the order form: http://www.scoutstuff.org/media/content/docs/pdfs/Flag_Order_Form.pdf

It's my understanding that the flags are supposed to be uniform across units, and so only official flags are "allowed". The big sticking point in making your own would be obtaining a logo for the center, since they aren't available for purchase separately.

Hello infoscouter,

First, I'm not familiar with a requirement that units have some kind of official flag. Do you have a reference for that?

Even if there were a dumb rule like that someplace, it would be among the BSA rules I'd ignore in the interest of having a better quality program by making your own unit flag.