Just for Fun; "Loosing it"

For over a year now I have been noting the carelessness of mis-typing or simply, heaven forbid, not understanding the difference between "lose" and "loose". So, today I lost it and decided to "loose" my frustration here.

"loose lips sink ships"; not "lose" lips sink ships, though I guess if your lips were "loose" you might "lose" a ship or two.

The football game was lost because of a "loose" defense; if we knew how to tackle, maybe we would not "lose" so many games.

If you "lose" your temper, then you "loose" bad vibes on those around you.

Hopefully "loose" comments will not "lose" you respect.

So, now that I have "loosed" my frustration about this here, I might finally "lose" the pain that tweaks me every time I see the misuse or simply lack of discipline in proofing typing. Then we will need to talk about "there", "their", and "they're"; the difference between "take" and "bring"; "to" and "too", hopefully never "two"; and the fact there is not such word as "irregardless".

One can hope can't they?(This message has been edited by skeptic)

OGE; I feel a bit sheepish in that I should have noted that these observations are not limited to these forums. It is even worse on Facebook, especially with the use of text talk in many of the postings. It is heck being old and a frustrated poet.

I am greatful for the advise. I am already to secede writing better to. The yolk I bear is Mis-Capitolization and it effects anything I write. Other authors may flout their own fancy words. Sadly, I have no angle on my shoulder to take me through the gamut. But my decent into grammatical confucianism is drove by commuter auto-correct. By and by, this is only my prospective, of coarse.

Ewe think this is easy?

I always have a hard time with the words effect and affect. What effect on his affect will the elections effect? Would a more positive affect effect the way we are viewed?

English is one tough language

Imagine if you were given the job to write the right rite for the induction of a wheelwright for the Freight Industry's Haul Hall of fame(This message has been edited by OldGreyEagle)

So, would anybody care to join in my revulsion against the trend to use the term "good of" to mean something like "too good a deal to be real?" The news mavens and authors are using this now. They say, "It's too good of a deal to pass up."

Same thing with using "to" instead of "too." As in, "I was to drunk to care." :)