canvassing for a candidate in uniform

One of my co workers just told me that over the weekend a group of boy scouts were canvassing for Romney in his neighborhood in uniform. I think this is a violation of BSA policy regarding where and when the uniform should be worn. More importantly this activity jeopardizes the tax free status of BSA. It is a little late for this election, but please keep these limitations in mind in the future.

I heard from a friend that heard from a guy that he saw scouts politicing for Obama. They were passing out flyer on some street somewhere.

There, now we have 2 rumors and they cancel each other out, so its ok. Back to regular scouting thanks.

My co worker was very clear that the scouts were canvassing for Romney. They were handing out literature. My co worker actually went outside and spoke to the adult leader present, also in uniform, and pointed out the illegality of what was taking place. The adult leader became very offended.

I first became aware of this was during the 1992 election when some scouts were placed in a photograph of a Bush one rally. Apparently it is OK for scouts to act as color guards at a rally and these guys were roped into standing on the stage behind Bush.

I confess to be a staunch conservative, but I think scouts should, and legally must, stay out of partisan politics. The national office ought to put out reminders every four years.