addressing PDA by scouters in uniform ?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well, license is, by definition, a grant to exercise certain discretion not generally allowable to all, But, If we are talking about BSA regulations: For tenting arrangements, the bias against unwe

Sharing a tent is way over the top. They need to take a break in either demonstrating their sexuality or in Scouting. The two don't mix. Inappropiate behavior needs to be addressed and corrected.

I don't think I've ever seen anything directly on point here, and it would be hard to draw a definitive line between acceptable pecks on the cheek and the more uncomfortable full make-out session. I d

Single tents or bivouac sacks are sounding more appealing, either way it's okay to wake up with yourself.

Common showers are slowly going by the wayside as are non-stalled toilet facilities.  Why would tents be any different?

Single tents or bivouac sacks are sounding more appealing, either way it's okay to wake up with yourself.

Most of the Scouts in our Troop who are past Star agree.  (we have a longstanding rule that they have to get to Star Scout before tenting alone (I'd change it to First Class, but they haven't asked me)). 

• Upvote 1

Most of the Scouts in our Troop who are past Star agree.  (we have a longstanding rule that they have to get to Star Scout before tenting alone (I'd change it to First Class, but they haven't asked me)).

Yes, our troop allows scouts to use single man tents provided they bring their own. Being a back packing or minimalist program, I support it. But it wasn't that long ago this forum debated single man tents because a scout might become ill and nobody would know. I still support single man tents, but I can think of two scouts who tent mates had to get help in the middle of the night because they became so ill. Seems nothing is easy.

Barry

• Upvote 2