It seems we could streamline the whole thing quite a bit if da councils filled in most of it, and da UC added most of da rest, and then it became a 15-minute agenda item for a TC meeting unrelated to recharter.

I think this is an excellent idea since it would put the burden on the District to - if it wants JTEs filled out - find a UC for the unit. I think that's probably one of the best things a district can do to help Scouting. Our Troop is lucky - we actually have a couple of really good UCs fighting over who gets us! But that's just because we're a new troop and really fun people to work with! (modest too...)

But I know that's not the case everywhere.

Over on the Scoutmastercg blog, there was another worksheet for scoring how well your Troop runs the patrol method. I thought it was pretty good. Subjective instead of objective, but I think that's unavoidable in doing serious evaluations. I scored our Troop and we came out in the "good, but could be better" range. The areas where we got the lowest scores are areas that we generally feel like we need to improve, so I think the worksheet would be useful in highlighting areas for a Troop to work on. I wonder if anyone has done something like that for Packs?

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic