Hello! I'm glad to have found these forums. I'm a 1999 Eagle out of T159, Lindstrom, MN. Been out of boyscouting for ten years now and well involved in all of life's other exciting activities. I really miss my scouting days, and decided that I should find some way to get involved again. I'm a self-proclaimed adventure guru and I'm sure much of my outdoor and traveling activities now are a direct result of my scouting background. I've thought about possibly becoming an aviation merit badge counselor and will probably look into that further when I can. I don't have any boys of my own yet, so I'm not sure how to get involved with scouting at this point. I really want to go to Philmont again! I've actually plotted out a whole itinerary for an adventure out in the Cimarron Canyon State Park. I figure that's the closest I can get for now. I should look into Philmont though. Can someone like me just get on a trek? I don't know. Anyways, I'm eager to at least be in contact with other scouts. One way or another, my goal is to do more scouting-type activities. Even if they aren't BSA related, I'd even be happy to hook up with some former scouts or leaders for some sort of adventure. After years of amateur website building, coupled with my love for the outdoors, I've recently started a a site of my own : www.everydayexpedition.com. I don't know if it's ok to post that here or not, but I will happily remove it if I am not supposed to. I'm to a point now where it's mostly built and all I need is members. So I'm also hoping to meet potential members for my website too. Take a look! (It's non-commercial, non-spam, no strings attached and FREE. This is not an advertisement. I'm just trying to network.) I hope to meet some fun people here and get some adventures scheduled! Now it's back to my six week old daughter... Is there some secret I don't know to having a boy??? :D

Welcome Josh!

Find a troop or crew and jump in! OA is always looking for advisors (and the OA trail crews are a great way to get a Philmont trek). Enjoy your daughter (and when she is 14, get her in a Venture Crew, she'll have blast) and take her camping, backpacking and the whole nine yards. My daughter can backpack and shoot with the best of them. Of course it helps to have three younger brothers, so be patient.