What is wrong with this picture?

Received an email as noted below. Please understand that I did sign up for surveys and so on, but I gave them my membership info as well. So what is wrong with this survey?

Now, having checked to make sure it was not a scam, or something, I went to the link. After the first page, what do you think happened?

"Hello xxx,

To continue to improve the Boy Scouts program, we invite Scouts to complete the following survey. The survey includes descriptions of proposed merit badges under consideration.

As a Scout, your feedback will help us determine which ideas should be developed into new merit badges. Based on responses to previous Youth Interest surveys, the following merit badges have been launched: chess, robotics, geocaching, welding, and game design.

At the end of the survey you will be given the opportunity to enter a drawing for one of the following: a $10 Scout Shop gift card, a $10 iTunes gift card, a $10 Walmart gift card, or a $10 Target gift card.

Please take a few minutes to complete the survey. All responses are due by Tuesday, September 11th.

Follow this link to the Survey:

Take the Survey

Or copy and paste the URL below into your internet browser:

http://scouting.us.qualtrics.com/WRQualtricsSurveyEngine/?Q_DL=411psjbKO70rAzP_5BAOhWWJrSfYT6B_MLRP_d4GZnT9Xf4KNJpH&_=1

Follow the link to opt out of future emails:

Click here to unsubscribe"

It is asking me to take a survey for scouts, not adults. When I went to the actual survey, after ascertaining it was not likely Malware, it asked a few questions about levels of participation, cubs and scouts, my age range; then it told me the survey was for scouts only.

When they approached me for these things, I had to identify my scouting level. They should have known I was an adult, and would not qualify. So why did I get it?

Fellow Scouters,

Sorry to highjack the thread. But JMHawkins made my day. I nearly spit my coffee on the computer screen while laughing at his reply.

As far as Skeptic's original post. I am not sure about the webpage or asking an adult. But if it is true, I am glad that Scouting is attempting to ask Scouts(and parents) about potential occupation/hobby merit badges, before investing money into them.

Scouting Forever and Venture On!

Crew21 Adv

Well, I contacted National by replying to their survey email directly. I got a response this morning apologizing and telling me I had been put into the youth, (is that a compliment?), and she has removed me. She also asked me if I wanted to be in the Leader survey list.

In response to that, I indicated yes, as I hope there will be more interactions between the real membership and National through these kinds of programs. Went further to not a few of the concerns recently posted here and through the Scouts-L list about the new medical form. Already got a response back, including her forwarding my concerns on the medical form to the Health and Safety group.

So, at least they are trying.