Mystery Man with fake IDs/Uniforms

Well, the USCG ID card (what we call a "CAC" card) is obviously fake. "LT/CMD" is not a valid abbreviation in use, and the "smart chip" doesn't look like the one on my card. I doubt that the CIA issues ID cards to its operatives...and the hologram is obviously laid over the barcode, which would defeat the purpose of a barcode. The military medals, Eagle medal, and ribbons are all commonly available on Ebay. If he is truly a spy, he's a horrible one. Probably just a whack job living a fantasy life. Hopefully he's harmless and didn't hurt anyone.

"At the top of the photo, there is a dark green Venturing uniform shirt which you can barely see. The patches on it almost seem to be floating in midair, but when I turned up the brightness on my monitor, I could see the color in the shirt. It has a commissioner or professional patch on the sleeve. (Is that right, on a Venturing shirt?)"

Sure.

If you have a unit commissioner who just does Venturing Crews, or an ADC-Venturing or ACC-Venturing (YES, they do exist), they would wear the green Venturing shirt.

If you have a professional who mainly does Venturing, they'd wear it as well.

The green one (fourth up from the bottom) seems to indicated Wood Badge (Troop 1) and also has a Commisioner Key / Arrowhead Honor Award on it.

I'm not sure what are the colorful patches on some of the right sleeves below the US flag patches.

An update on Roy Antigua.

http://www.wtsp.com/news/local/article/267735/8/Cops-Man-with-fake-uniforms-IDs-is-an-actor-but-not-dangerous

Headline says he is an actor and not dangerous. The article describes him as "almost like an actor." Not the same thing. I think it is a bit premature to write the guy off as not dangerous. Maybe that is why he is still in jail and the authorities are still asking for tips. Gotta love TV news.

I'd say that for it to be "acting", other people need to KNOW you're acting, otherwise it's "impersonating".

On another note, though he may have done a shoddy job on his ID's, he did know what combinations of patches/loopps/etc. to put on his BSA uniforms, so he must have done some studying of the uniform and insignia guide... unless he really was involved with the BSA at some point.

I don't know why the comments about the Council patches...anyone can walk into a scout store and buy any of the council patches.

I think the Scout uniforms were probably the easiest for him to assemble.

Any new news on this guys motivations?

" I doubt that the CIA issues ID cards to its operatives... "

I was thinking the same thing reading this article. Nothing says "Abduct, torture and kill me..." like a CIA person wearing a uniform and carrying ID in a hostile/foreign country. I'm sure they probably have badges for facilities but I doubt they're easy to copy or like what's in this article. Kind of funny.