Oa flap on cub scout leader

The flap indicates you are a member in good standing (current dues paid) of your lodge. Rules are that you may only belong to the lodge in the council of your current registration. If so, wear it with pride! I did as a Cubmaster!

Just pay your dues and wear your patch. No worries about "paper OAs"?

I'm recalling the sensitivity on a recent thread about BSA applications for real boys, signed by real parents and paid for with real dollars that were objected to by some for being "paper Scouts" because of doubts about some metaphysical level of participation.

I'm a Cubmaster and paid-up member of our local OA Lodge. However, I choose not wear the patch on my uniform for three reasons:

1) I spend all my scouting time with the Pack and Cub related events and do not currently particpate in any Lodge activities. I prefer to wear insignia that represents where I truly spend my volunteer time.

2) I try to keep "allowed" insignia on my shirt to a minimum because I think the uniform looks better that way (my preference).

3) Our Lodge patch is kinda' ugly. It promptly went into my patch collection box.

The above are my preferences. Any Scouter from any BSA division is allowed to wear their OA patch if they are members of their local Lodge.

Why not. You earned it, and once an OA member, always an OA member.

I wore it when my sons were in Cub Scouts and was on the Pack Committee. Every summer camp, the local OA Lodge would preform for the boys, and my sons would point out to their friends that their Dad was in the OA.

Keep up with the annual dues, attend a service project or two and thanks for being a Cub Leader!