Anti Scout Law type of behavior ?

You know...If I found somebody's abandoned boat...and they aid they would sing for a discount..they had better be in a professional band.

Other wise I'd probably shoot them as I'd think they were psychotic! :)

I'm glad to see adults concerned with how they role model in front of the scouts, that certainly is a good discussion topic. But I'm curious, in my many years of scouting both as youth and adult, I have never seen a scout ask to sing for a lost item. Do these scouts look or seem upset by the experience? We attended one summer camp where singing happy birthday wasn't allowed because it was hazing. Are we talking about the same thing?

Barry

If I want to punish someone, the one who does the singing is ME...'second verse, same as the first...."

"in my many years of scouting both as youth and adult, I have never seen a scout ask to sing for a lost item."

Did you mean "asked" to sing? Yeah, it's rare in my experience as well. I have only seen a scout asked to sing once, at scout camp. It was a scout from this unit and an ASM from this unit making him stand on a stool in the dining hall to sing for his book. It took me by complete surprise and brought back personal memories from when I had gone to camp as a scout. The boy in question laughed as he did it and seemed not to be bothered. I really like that kid (he's an adult now and I still like him). But several of us took the ASM aside and had a productive discussion. That's the only time I've seen it happen...of course that's only one week of camp out of the summer, one year.

I'd like to add that over all the decades of scout camps, camporees, and unit functions, I've never observed crimes against humanity either (although some might place my singing in that category). But like I've written before, this area seems to be populated by creampuffs compared to what I read about other regions of the country...who's to know? I still suspect the probability of something like that happening may be finite but very, very small. OTOH, the probability of me breaking into song is fairly high...'oh, a horse is horse, of course, of course...."

Edit to add: I have found several abandoned boats. In each case I was able to assist the natural resource agencies in prosecuting the owners to force them to dispose of the boats.(This message has been edited by packsaddle)