is Columbus still there?

So I hear Columbus OH got hit with a pretty bad storm last night - 80/90 mph winds, fires, uprooted trees, downed power lines, massive power outages, etc. I know there are a couple of BSA camps right around Columbus. And there are a few posters from Central OH on this forum. Everybody ok down there?

Still here....

We were at camp....Sitting in the dining hall, every adults cell phone simultaneously screeched with a Tornado Warning, looking at each other, then outside at the down pour, the tree limbs blowing by.......Well,Camp got tore up, no power no idea as to when it will be restored. when we left this morning they were trying to get a refr truck for the food. and a Generator for the well. Some of the buildings were damaged, we were not allowed in those areas.

Rangers were working hard clearing all the downed trees, our boys did well, cleaning our campsite and the nearby program areas of downed limbs. It will be months before it is back together.

Newark which is east of Columbus has no power and estimates of three days to a week.

Nothing gives me better pride than a Troop uniting to get through a rough situation like this, good on all the leaders and boys that posted here, I'm glad things turned out well and even prouder at the actions of the boys. Not sure how far internet kudos go, but tell the Scouts good work from me.

Camp Shenandoah (Virginia) closed camp last week due to severe tree damage, power outage and destroyed tents and program areas. Many thanks to all the volenteers that put that camp back in business. I'm sure the same needs to be said about the brothers and sisters all over the mid atlantic.

Here's the link to slides of the damage. http://www.bsa-sjac.org/CampDamage

Buckeyes have reefer trucks? I take back all those negative comments I've ever uttered against those children of the nuts.

As for your brother, tell him to get a good nights rest, eat a well balanced diet and don't over do it and he should be feeling better. :)(This message has been edited by acco40)

Yikes. Cbus is having a rough month. Though from the sound of it, the explosion didn't do much damage to anything other than the tracks and the train, and nobody was seriously hurt (amazing).