I proposed an idea to the Scoutmasters of the other two troops in my town: what do you think about a "Super PLC" meeting? (my term -- another one just referred to it as a local roundtable). Why not, we're all on friendly terms, all three troops are different, and we all want to see each other succeed.

My idea came about because I keep thinking about joint events, strengths and weaknesses. We've done some trips lately that the others might like hearing about...we go to a different summer camp than the other two, and I love our camp so much that I want them to know about it. It is a real patrol-oriented camp.

We've just had initial contact about it, and haven't scheduled the first meeting yet. I thought it would be good if youth leaders and adults could meet, and just see what we can brainstorm, and then see if there's interest in continuing it a couple times a year.

So why not the regular monthly roundtable? Well, one issue with us is that it falls on a troop meeting night for two of the troops. The other is that our district was absorbed by another, two years ago, and things are pretty much run by the other district. It's not the same any more. Because they are remote from us, we've sort of lost our local identity.

Guy

>>So why not the regular monthly roundtable? Well, one issue with us is that it falls on a troop meeting night for two of the troops. The other is that our district was absorbed by another, two years ago, and things are pretty much run by the other district. It's not the same any more. Because they are remote from us, we've sort of lost our local identity.