Does your troop meet in summer?

Absolutely, although the meetings are more informal. Our Scout House is on a small lake in town, so the kids go fishing, exploring, paddling, etc.

We are in a cold climate, so there are many outdoor activities we can only do easily and/or safely in summer.

We have troop meetings every Monday during the calendar year except for those that fall on a holiday and in between Christmas and New Year's.

Our troop meeting attendance barely drops in the summer. We understand that people have lives in the summer and may miss a meeting or two or three. We also keep up with at least one activity per month.

Seems to work for us to keep the boys interested all year long. I saw that when we were in Cubs with no summer meetings, the activities they did each month kept the boys interested enough to come back in the fall.

Yes! Both troops I've served meet in the summer. The troop my sons were Scouts in met in a public school in the winter, and in the summer, switched to a nearby public park - those were great meetings. Instruction was very outdoor focused, and the inter-patrol games were much more lively because they had the park to play in.

Current troop meets at the CO (a church) and often does outdoor activities as part of the meeting, but I liked the idea that the summer meetings were purposely outdoors.

We meet during the month of June. During the first half it's just the normal, everyday meeting but during the second half, we begin planning and preparing for summer camp(my troop usually picks a date in early July for camp). After summer camp, we might have another meeting, but usually it's no more meetings until school starts. The reason for the no meetings in July rule is because a lot of scouts and scouters from the troop usually plan their vacations in late July.

We do not meet during the summer, as we meet at a school and have no access. However, we have a picnic, a Summer Camp training day, Summer Camp, a minor league baseball game, and a High Adventure trip. We start our regular meetings in August when school starts again. We like this as it gives everyone a breather from regular meetings.

• 7 months later...

Sort of. We go to summer camp in June and take off 4 weeks after that. That gets us past the 4th of July weekend, and we start back. We still have light attendence until school starts, and we do one July outing for those not going to jamboree. Usually a canoe outing. We go back to weekly meetings

in August. We've found that we have 10-15% attendence after summer camp. Everyone wants a break. We camp a LOT.

We meet every week except for winter break, spring break, and the week we are at summer camp. The boys do wear troop or boy scout t-shirts during the summer for uniforms unless they are doing a SMC or BOR - then they are expected to be in normal uniform.

We meet in the school cafeteria during the school year. During the Summer we meet on the school's "front porch". The meetings are a little shorter but afterwards the scouts join the cub scout pack that also meets at the school for their "Summer Games" It gives an opportunitity for the older boys to interact with the younger ones. Occassionally the Scouts will run some of the games.

They go to camp in July and try and schedule a campout in August.

I mean' date=' holding the actual WEEKLY meetings as normal. Yes or no?[/quote']

Summer is the best time to meet. Yes, we have lower average attendance due to family vacations, but we keep meeting. What is great is that the boys don't have to worry about homework or getting to bed on time in the summer.

I mean' date=' holding the actual WEEKLY meetings as normal. Yes or no?[/quote']

Summer is the best time to meet. Yes, we have lower average attendance due to family vacations, but we keep meeting. What is great is that the boys don't have to worry about homework or getting to bed on time in the summer.