Yes, a By-laws question

As I understand it, the leaders of units, Cubmasters, Denmasters, Scoutmasters, etc., are not part of the committee. All of them work for the committee and the committee as a whole are appointed by the Charter Organization. Now, many CO's are hands-off and committee members are appointed by the committee chair or voted in or whatever, but ultimately the CO is responsible to put together the committee who appoints the Scoutmaster, etc. Some CO's sort of ignore the committee and dump everything on the Scoutmaster, but that's not how it's supposed to work.

If you all get together as parents, create bylaws, etc., I suppose you could all be dual charter org reps and committee members? In that case, depending on the bylaws that you created, new committee members may or may not be charter organization members who can vote or whatever? I think, in that case, it would be better to simply say that the committee chair is the charter org rep and that the committee as a whole is the charter organization? Honestly, I have no idea how it's supposed to work for parents who get together and start a troop themselves and aren't working from a prior group like an actual parent-teacher organization or church or business or something like that.