New Relationship Between AHG and USSAF

AHG Mom

There you go again self promoting that AHG propaganda bandwagon. Nice Christian girls holding guns ready to go blast things, something that all good "Christian" girls should aspire to. The sad part of all this is the role the BSA is playing. What a crock of hooey. Give me the GSUSA any day of the week.

Here is an article about:

Girl Scouts add activities normally associated with boys to their repertoire

Read more: http://www.greenwichtime.com/news/article/Girl-Scouts-add-activities-normally-associated-331017.php#ixzz1vceEIXhh

Here are some more Girl Scouts Learning Gun Safety!

http://www.newlenoxpatriot.com/Articles-c-2009-04-21-194208.112113_New_Lenox_Girl_Scouts_learn_Gun_safety.html

Boy those Girl Scouts are a great organization that expose the girls to a vast array of activities and adventures.

"Though the Boy Scouts have a marksmanship program, Girl Scouts have no such program." Kudo's to those girls for thinking outside the box about what they want! That's the one thing I've always admired about the really active GS troops, they seem to crank out youth with strong organizational skills.

Durn those Philmont boys for being so kind to sectarians.

Wonder what lambasting BP has in store for me when he finds out that I encourage Christian girls (never too sure about the nice part) to obtain firearms skills.

So what we have learned in this thread so far is that a number of young women and girls are getting the opportunity to learn gun safety and participate in shooting sports and other outdoors activities. Some are doing it through the Girl Scouts (in association with certain shooting-sports organizations) and some are doing it through the American Heritage Girls (in association with other shooting-sports organizations.)

Sounds great, all around.

What I do not understand is why the article linked from the original post (which looks like it is really a press release from the U.S. Sportsmen's Alliance) mentions the BSA. The reference to the BSA, in its entirety, is: "The relationship that led to the MOU was cultivated at the Boy Scouts of America Philmont Scout Ranch in New Mexico." (Bolding in original.) What does that even mean? It doesn't look like the BSA has anything to do with this, except that someone spoke to someone else on BSA property. Why associate the BSA with something that it apparently is not associated with? In bold letters, no less? Any members of the U.S. Sportsmen's Alliance (which I have never heard of before) out there who can answer this question?

Probably two guys with roast beast and an adult beverage around a fire at Philmont.

I can't believe GSUSA sold off the Wyoming property back in the late 70s or early 80s. Talk about lack of imagination.

(Sorry for the triple post. Quirky internet + new laptop.)

(This message has been edited by Nike)