Introducing your new Chief Scout

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Yup, although, one person, James E. West, has held both positions ... (he was named "Chief Scout" after he stepped down as CSE.)"

Two people actually.

West's successor Fretwell also was named Chief Scout after he retired as CSE.

We've only had 3 Chief Scouts of the BSA.

Wayne Brock, CSE was little more than a yes man to Mazzucca's ideas to change scouting. I have met and talked with him twice, a nice guy, but not very articulate, slow on the uptake and really lacks a vision for the future of the BSA. So it will be much more of the same with little change and sadly little reform or inovations.

Hmmmm; wonder why BadenP's post does not surprise me. His negativeness in general is becoming very annoying. Or at least to me. Not a good Scouter attitude IMHO; maybe needs to reconsider his username, as his general demeanor is not indicative of the founder.

Is this an announcement or a leak?

'Cause if it's an announcement, it's sure lousey. Doesn't even warrant a quote from Brock? It would sure be interesting to hear something about his vision, plans and priorities for BSA -- you know, all that leadership stuff we're supposed to do.

I assume that info is being released on a need to know basis and, well, you know where the unit-serving volunteers stand.

NJ

My opinion is solely based on the two personal interactions I have had with him. I did NOT say he would be a good or bad CSE, time will tell us that, just that I don't expect any major changes or reforms to the BSA by him. I really do hope he proves me wrong, and he breathes some new life into the BSA that it so desperately needs.